House Solar Lifepo4 Energy Storage Lithium Battery

2023-03-14Back to news


Home batteries have been on the market for years and now come in a variety of styles and sizes. With the rapid development of lithium battery technology, modern lithium battery systems are rapidly replacing traditional lead-acid batteries as manufacturers develop intelligent modular systems for various energy storage applications.

If you're new to solar power, read our introduction to battery storage, including the pros and cons of home storage batteries. Also see an introduction to different types of solar energy systems, including standalone and hybrid battery systems. For a comparison of lithium and lead-acid, see our article on lithium and lead-acid.


Battery size

Unfortunately, battery sizing often comes with a one-size-fits-all approach that can result in poor performance and fail to meet consumer expectations. There are usually two main reasons for this.

1:Small battery - not enough capacity for home needs.

2:Large capacity battery: The solar panel does not have enough energy to charge the battery. Usually in winter.

To avoid these problems, a qualified designer should consider many important factors such as solar panel size (existing or new), system type (on-grid or off-grid), and emergency power requirements. You should choose a battery based on Overnight or overnight power consumption (kWh). Fortunately, most modern battery systems are modular and expandable, so you can size them accordingly. With that in mind, next he selected the best battery based on 6 categories.

5kw lithium battery

51.2V 100AH battery

51.2 LiFePO4 15KWH

Stacked All In One Solar StorageBattery

48V LiFePO4 10kw

Home Energy Storage Battery

Battery capacity - kWh

Battery size or capacity is measured in kWh (kilowatt hours). This is the total energy that the battery can store. However, the usable capacity may differ from the total battery capacity. Usable capacity is typically limited to 80% to 90% of the total battery capacity to extend battery life and prevent battery shutdown at very low charge levels. For example, a lithium-ion battery with a total capacity of 10 kWh may limit its usable capacity to 80% to extend its life. This means that 8 kWh of energy can be released per day. However, the remaining 10-20% typically occur in emergencies such as